Role of a software developer
Today software engineering is followed as a major trend in India. Everyone is running forward to pursue a carrier in this field and become a software engineer, but what exactly they do in the industry? What are the basic tasks that they perform and have expertise in?
Writing codes to develop a software
This is the most common task that a software developer does. They write codes for various applications and applications that we see now a day’s floating on our mobile screens and the internet. Each and every page of a website, tasks that we perform on a webpage, playing a game, or using any other application is possible only due to the tonnes of codes that are written in the backend of these websites and app which help us to do these tasks seamlessly.
Once a code is written, and software is developed, it requires a lot of testing
- whether it is working properly or not,
- responding to every input that it is prepared for,
- loading insufficient time or taking much time,
- most importantly, it meets all the general requirements for which it is developed.
This team also take care that later the product is launched; there are no bugs into software and also protects the software from been attacked by any kind of malware
- Deciding a framework
According to the requirement of the software, it is to be decided which framework will be more suitable in order to proceed with its making? These frameworks are readily available on the internet. Sometimes if the demand and the aspects of the software are unique, then one needs to design a proper framework accordingly. This task of designing a framework is also done by these developers.
- Managing the project
This is one of the most important tasks of being a software developer. The person who is managing the project will take care of the following:-
- Keeps an eye on each and every action taken in the direction of developing software.
- They are the final decision-makers of the team and will be answerable to the top authorities.
- They also give directions to the team in which direction they need to move.
- They deal with the clients, take their orders, and provide the same to their team.
- They also perform the task of explaining the whole process and software to the nontechies.
So, above are the various roles that are performed by a software developer. These roles are assigned to developers on the basis of their experience and the post they are working upon. There are various posts that a software developer can have. It may be a coder, an engineer, an architect, a project manager, or maybe a consultant too. One can achieve any post, either it is a starting level post of a coder or a project manager, with just a matter of time, passion, or some good work in the field.